How about May sketch a day and not forgetting a blether

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 7
A very impressive 15 minutes work Dixie.  I like the sound of your friends garden Tessa, your sketch gives an excellent idea of how it looks.  I've just joined a new art club...new to me anyway.   I took a few pencils and a sketchbook, and drew this... ...it was just going to be a page of random sketches.  Having drawn the chef on the left, I thought I'd add a couple more.  No idea what's going on here.   It's good to get back to an art club again and see what other people are up to.
This is really good Lew , no need for any words as there are so many interpretations we can put on it it’s telling it’s own story just what a good painting  cartoon etc should do. . Enjoy your new art group Lew I hope you meet some new friends who share you love of art. 
Tessa that is a lovely delicate sketch beautifully done. Lewis, a wonderful sketch, you should put it on the gallery.
I am missing out on the “blether” cos my drawings are all a bit naff these days.   These little sods are invading my garden at the moment so I am about to  wage war on them….individually….i don’t do herbicides though sometimes I wish I did.   Some lovely work from everyone…Lew I am trying to think up a narrative for your kitchen trio…something to do with clever sand sharp knives.   Enjoy the sun. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

A couple of tiddlers from me today, done on a walk in my tiny sketchbook.
Nice sketches Tessa , how I liked to work.   What size sketch books.  Just found this in my A5 sketch book. It’s Marin Alsop conducting at the last night of the proms some years ago. I did it whikst watching it on TV…..can’t do that anymore….but so enjoyed her positions and movements.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Great sketches Sylvia, I love the Proms. My tiny sketchbook is about 5 x 3.5 inches closed! Very handy as it fits in my pocket or bag.
Sounds like A5 and as you say handbag size. I also always had a Winsor and Newton travel paint set with built in water container ,also pocket sized,…though have been known to take a full back pack.  Including chocolate.
Smaller than A5 Sylv probably about half that. Your travel kit sounds good, especially the chocolate!
Chocolate is essential. 
Playing with Inktense pencils at art group this afternoon!  
The Old Workshop, this is a rapidly drawn sketch or scribble, in my Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook. 3.5x5in, using a Tombow pen. Slips into my top pocket, I never leave home without either one…

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Showing page 4 of 7