May 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Some great work in last month's challenge and I can't quite believe it's time for another one already! So let's go No Mow May and be inspired to paint wildflower meadows, some of the creatures and creepy crawlies that are helped by keeping our grass uncut for a few weeks, different types of grass or anything else that this subject might bring to mind.
Not a new one - think it might just about fit the challenge, although it’s a bit abstract.  (The butterflies are collage, not painted).

Edited
by Jenny Harris

A lovely challenge and what a broad remit , that’s a beautiful painting painting Jenny love the detailing on the butterfly’s . One a did a few weeks ago but I will look to doing some just for the challenge.
What a lovely challenge.   This is an ancient very small watercolour of mine.   Not sure if I could do it again.   Silly eyes Jenny and Paul Little gems.
One more from me, although again, not a new one.  Lovely colours in yours Paul and Sylvia.
The rape seed is beginning to flower. Against a blue sky it is terrific.
All lovely so far! The rape flowers used to make me sneeze like mad but I must have become acclimatised to it!
Rape does have a strange unpleasant smell. One place where all sorts of creatures inhabit is the allotment.Here are two views of our allotment ( really “ his” allotment). The grassy path goes up past everyone’s bit ( ours is nearest) and the painting on the right is a neglected bit but full of critters I’m sure.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Delightful work, everyone. The scent of rapeseed flower has always seemed to me similar to bluebells. We rarely see life within the undergrowth, but its there, no doubt about that. 
This month's challenge has really brought out some Spectacular images!  Here's my little bit. This is my back fence which is between my yard and my neighbor's. He is remodeling his place, and has let the grounds go a bit. 
Very attractive Skylar - we’re off to a flying start already!

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

I approve of him letting things go a bit…..Skylar.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Showing page 1 of 2