Inspiration from Artists Wk 113 featuring Artists . Clark Hurlings and Steve Slimm

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I agree Tony, definitely a touch of Turner about some of his work.
One of his watercolours that I like, generally not keen on his other work.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I blowing a bit cold to warm on his work also  I really don’t like sone  and others I do there is a bit  in between where I like some bits of a painting , which  what Tony was saying I believe.
Just bringing it back up before I do the bonus artist thread this evening and to remind you that next week artists are :  David Gentleman and Peter Greenham.
I had not heard of Steve Slimm previous to these postings so thank you for posting them. I personally like those shown very much.
Playing catch-up.  I admire much of Clark Hurling's work, particularly the first market scene.  I agree with the views about his work having an older style look, but don't intend that as a criticism.  There is one painting that looks out of place for me...the one with soldiers and a glamorous woman.  It might even be by another hand.  It has the look of art produced for the pulp magazines.  Again, that isn't a criticism, there was some excellent work made for those old magazines...ground out by artists trying to make a living.  Just an opinion. I'm less taken with Steve Slimm's work.  I'm all for artists developing a unique style.  In this case, it does nothing for me.  Several people have said they admire it, which confirms the cold fact that you can't please everybody.
Showing page 3 of 3