How about May sketch a day and not forgetting a blether

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 7
 Wonderful to see you drawing once more Lewis
I am so pleased to see you back Lew! Those teeth are epic and I can see the essence of Doddy there! I have been out all day so no offering tonight but will get something done tomorrow !
It did start out as a sketch but I couldn't help refining it. 
Nice one Denise. The far profile of his face is lovely.
It rained since yesterday teatime and it’s felt to chilly to work out in my studio , must sort the heater out , so a couple of quick sketches this afternoon.
Paul. I love the way the curves sweep up to the hand, really effective. I work in a mostly unheated workshop. My wife gauges the weather by how many layers I have on. This winter wasn't too bad at 5 layers plus a hot water bottle for a week or two 🥶

Edited
by Owen Lloyd

Your sketches are lovely, Dixie. 
Great sketches Paul! Ever the perfectionist Denice that is certainly a drawing than sketch , great! The lapwings are busy here so  here’s a teeick ( Orcadian name for lapwing  )
Gillian, how did you draw that bird? Do they stand still politely until you've finished? Bank holiday walk at Carsington Water near Ashbourne. I quite like the trees in the foreground.
I wish Owen ! However here in  Orkney lapwings are easily studied! Also use photos too. The pastel sketch today  … what can I say? Certainly not excuse me Leo but could you sit still for a while!!!
Having trouble concentrating on the larger paintings at the moment my solution is a quick sketch inspired by a photo I notice on line some time ago. I used a big of rock salt on the light coloured slopes each side of the main rock A6 in size approx fifteen minutes to complete.
Blimey Dixie’s, very impressive for only 15 minutes!  Art group this morning but only three of us turned up and it’s so warm and sunny that we went to the garden of one of the group, which is a wonderful but very steep terraced garden, series of small garden areas, to the rear of her house.  I started a pen sketch but this is as far as I’ve got so far! I felt we almost needed oxygen by the time we reached the top layer. 
Showing page 3 of 7